Make It Your Mission! Part 4
- Do you want people sitting in chairs facing you at the front (e.g. stage/audience)
- Do you want people sitting in chairs in a round circle?
- Do you want people standing up and talking to each other?
- Do you want a combination of a couple of the event formats above?
- Will you have people raise their hands to speak?
- Will you let them talk as needed?
- Will you have conversation “sticks” that people can use to show who’s up next to talk?
- Will you impose time limits on how much one person can speak?
- Will you tape record them?
- Will you video tape them?
- Will you have someone write them down on a sheet of paper?
- Will you have someone write them down on a chalkboard, whiteboard or easel?
It’s finally time for your event!
At your gathering, talk with others about how you can work together to affect change in this regard. Remind people how small changes on behalf of one or more people can create a positive chain of events that ultimately results in a BIG change.
Some people call this concept the “butterfly effect”…others call it a “ripple effect”…still others call it a “domino effect”.
- Will you talk to at least one person a day about your mission?
- Will you talk to your school PTA about it?
- Will you write a letter or email to your congressional representative, senator or the president?
- Will you create a petition?
- Will you create a YouTube video about it?
- How about a blog, Facebook group or a Twitter account?
- Is it a subject that your parents could post flyers about at work?
- Is it something that you want to talk to someone about at a local museum or bookstore?
- Do you want to do more research about it online and reach out to more influential people and get their suggestions?
Decide who will be responsible for which tasks. How will you evaluate the results of each effort? Then, set a date with those interested for your next meet-up. Encourage each other to find ONE more friend to bring to your next meeting.